I've decided to start to blog at frequency no one knows, certainly not me.
I find lately the internet is boring. It's infested with ads, and everything on it wants your money. Hell, I could hardly find a blogging platform that wasn't like "HOW TO MAKE THE MOST MONEY", "REACH YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE", okay relax a bit. AND if you want to use a font other than Ariel that's going to be three hundred a year ma'am.
Can't a woman just share her ten thousand hobbies anymore without it being monetized?
I post photos on Instagram but then, I look at them and I feel like some pictures say a thousand words, other say about three. This is my way of expanding on the photos I post, fill in the world around that rectangle, and share all my silly hobbies.
So the first thing I plan to blog about will my trip to Japan. I'm lucky enough to been twice already, but with how unpredictable things are (and cheap ass flights) you might as well travel when you can.
It's kind of funny, when somebody asks me about my hobbies, I draw a complete blank, like I've never done anything interesting in my entire life. I'm like, oh, uh, reading. Like, whose not reading at some point in their day to day lives. Yes, todays reading was the menu (which now I have to scan with a QR code, the dining experience is ruined... but that's another conversation for another day).
So let me dig real deep here. You can expect some photography, knitting, writing, drawing, reading (all jokes aside my major is English Literature ahahaha... (;﹏;) ), learning Chinese and by proxy, Chinese dramas/novels, raising my two gentleman cats, vintage tech, travel, and plenty of hobbies that I haven't gotten my grubby hands on yet. Content that isn't tailored to anyone but me!
Which suits me great, I don't expect anyone to read this, maybe occasionally some close friends or some random person in Minnesota who got lost and found them self here by accident searching the complicated history of aran sweaters.
My only worry is that I'll accidently drop some hot take like I think toads and frogs should kiss and then get canceled when I'm famous (which is fine, I stand my ground on that one--- they should kiss).
But that hinges entirely on writing something readable, which I guess, this blog is good practice.
See you Japan! (Or after, don't judge me)
🧸